‘Limited events due to COVID-19’ – we will review closer to the Time
Chalet Rigi Kalamunda – organised by Di & Marty
Please check the website calendar for meeting places, venue websites and any updates.
The Chalet Rigi Story
In 1946 the site was known as Robbies Tea Rooms owned by Mr and Mrs Syd Robinson.
Robbies Tea Rooms closed mid-1960 and was purchased by the Petrig family from Switzerland.
In the late 1960s the tea rooms burnt down and the Petrig family rebuilt as Chalet Rigi Restaurant where it operated until the late 1990s.
It lay empty for seven years until neighbour Mack McCormack bought the property in 2005.
Mr McCormack has undertaken an extension and extensive renovations including a large balcony overlooking the Piesse Brook valley, a fully renovated kitchen, pizza oven and spit roast, restoration of the original restaurant and a new bar and large function space.