John has driven to Dumbleyung yesterday and has recommended that the proposed run over the ANZAC weekend be cancelled for the time being.
The distance and accommodation issues are problematic.
He will organise an alternative Wheatbelt Wander later and advise us then.
John Neskudla has put together another of his Wheatbelt Wanders for us and due to popular demand this one has been extended from a day trip to a weekender over the ANZAC day long weekend in April. All of the details are below, please contact John on 0412 856 445 if you have and questions.
There is limited accomodation so book early so you don’t miss out on a great weekend!
The second wheatbelt run is now set for a two night stay in Dumbleyung at the “Grande Olde Dumbleyung Inne” in Dumbleyung WA, as per the attached info and itinerary.
As we all know, it is tough times for all at the moment, so I would like to make it as easy as possible on the hotel and the tour company in Dumbleyung to accommodate and feed us and show us a good time, so here are some requirements for you if you decide to come on this fantastic chance to see a part of WA.
Please observe the following requirements:
- Closeout date to let us know you are definitely in is, on or before 15th March. If we do not have a big group, hotel can still let out some rooms not needed by us (currently holding the whole place).
- Accommodation is limited (check the website), so, first in best dressed. They do have single/twin and double rooms and a family room (for our more liberated members!!) ~ 30 max persons
- Let’s make it easy on the hotel restaurant by letting them know what we will eat on the two nights (you can let me, or the hotel know – write it down so you do not forget!!).
- Those who will sign on should also look at which tour with the tour company you will do (if any), so they are forewarned, perhaps we can all decide on the one? (Lake Dumbleyung & significant sights looks good). Let’s have preferences by cut-off time, and we can book then.
- Please take care of your own hotel bookings/meal preferences with the hotel (tell them you are part of the Corvette Club) before or by the cut-off date.
Take a gamble, make the decision early to help planning, that is the underscore.
Dress Code for Saturday night dinner – Cowboy/Cowgirl with hats and six shooters. All Corvettes to have leather harness hitched to posts outside swing doors of main saloon.
Dress Code for Sunday night dinner – Autentico “sweated up & grimy collared” cowboy & cowgirl outfits with guns/hats.
No abstentions – if you turn up for dinner not appropriately costumed, you will be asked to remove all clothing before sitting down to commence your meal (I have asked Gina Lollabridgida along, told her it is Hawaiian theme 😊 could be interesting!)
Any questions, other than – “is the speed of light set at 186,000kms/second, the ultimate speed in the universe?“ (you will not like my “no” experiment that proves it is not), call John 0412 856 445 or email him firstname.lastname@example.org